Are you are fed up with “business as usual politics” where politicians say roughly the same thing, squabble with each other, and then fail to deliver their promises? Are you fed up of them turning up just at election time after your vote, only for them to let you down for the rest of the time?
Well you have a real positive alternative. You can vote for the Green Party. This is a party that is still based on principles and creates policy through its members, not dictated to by those at the top. It is a party that doesn’t just change what it says to please the audience it has in front of it. It is a party that has policies that puts people and the planet first. It is a party that looks to make things better for all not just the elite in society. It is a party that will look after the vulnerable members of society. It is a party of hope, not negativity and fear.
Just a few of the things the Green Party want to do:
- Ensure we have a safe planet to live on with a whole range of measures to tackle Climate Change while helping people reduce their cost of living at the same time.
- Create hundreds of thousands of new jobs that are actually secure, well paid and something you can build a life on.
- Build 500,000 new social homes for affordable renting to help tackle our housing crisis.
- Keep the NHS public, fund it properly, and remove privatisation.
- Introduce a minimum wage that is a living wage of £10 per hour.
- Renationalise the railways, and regulate buses enabling us to drop fares. We’d immediately reduce fares by 10%.
- End university fees, reintroduce grants to replace loans, and write off the student loan debt. We’d reintroduce the EMA to help young people stay on at school.
- Create an economy that works for all not just the wealthy. We’d tackle tax avoidance, ensure big corporations pay their fair share of taxes, and raise the top rate of tax for the very wealthy.
Find out more here: https://www.greenparty.org.uk/we-stand-for/
If you want a real progressive change, vote for it. Vote for what you believe in not the least worst option. Vote Green Party. Please vote for me, Andrew Pointon, in Leeds West. It’s time we had a change for the better.